Ricoh printers with their Japanese technology aim to serve you the best printing experience. That’s how they found their place in house, schools, offices, and most importantly in customers’ hearts. Yet there are times when your printer faces trouble in processing your print instructions. It can happen due to several internal mechanical reasons, or external environmental reasons, and even due to wearing out of the parts of your printer.
These problems are depicted in the form of errors. And this article will help you to decode the mistakes, understand the reasons behind them, and the easy troubleshooting methods that you can do on your own without running to a technician. So let us get started.
Steps to Fix Error Code SC899 on Ricoh Printer
Let us first look at the reasons that cause this error. It is essential because by understand the reason you can handle the issue at a deep level. And you can realize a better way to take your printer for future use, to keep the errors at bay. So let’s dig into the reasons:
When your printer is unable to recognize any print command, it shows up this error, for example- any unrecognized webpage.
Let us troubleshoot the error:
In this section, you will find a few troubleshooting ways to deal with Ricoh Printer Error. Please make sure you follow the steps in the right order as they mentioned. So let’s get started.
Quick fix 1:
By exact the corrupt print job, you can get rid of this error. Here is how you can do it:
- First of all, you need to remove the network cable from the printer.
- Now you need to enter the Ricoh service mode.
- Please press the reset button.
- Now press the numeric digit 1.
- Then press numeric digit ‘0.’
- And now you need to press the numeric digit ‘7.’
Note: Make sure you press the above numeric keys in the right order as they mentioned. Do not give any time gap.
- It would help if you held the ‘Clear’ button until you see the SP menu.
- Press ‘System SP’ button.
- You will now see a new menu. In that menu, please open the ‘SP-5XXX’ option.
- You need to search for ‘5801- Memory Clear.’ You can do so by scrolling down the menu.
- Open the ‘5801- Memory Clear’ section.
- Look for ‘Printer Application’ option and click on it.
- You will see the ‘Execute’ option. Please click on it. It will clear off your printer’s memory and therefore will get rid of the corrupt print command.
- Once the memory gets cleared, your printer will display a confirmation message.
- Click on ‘Execute’ on the confirmation message too.
Note: Do not click on ‘All Clear’ as this step will erase all the accounting codes from your Ricoh Printer.
- Once the process is over, your printer will ask you to power off your printer to finish the process.
- Restart your Ricoh printer.
- Give your printer a little while to rest.
- Meanwhile, you should clear off the corrupt print command from the computer with the help of the print spooler.
- After the wait, once you will switch on your printer, the error will be gone.
In case, if you are still facing errors and you want detailed guidance, then you can freely contact the officials, they will surely help you.