Taking a printout from your Brother printer could involve few issues like blank page printing or low-quality printing. Wouldn’t it get on your nerves if you have just put a massive document for printing on the printer and it is ejecting blank pages from the beginning itself? You will receive erroneous output from the printer, but you will have to wait for the entire printing queue to get over. You could try to override by canceling the print job, but at times it leads to more fatal situations like your computer screen freezing or getting hanged(this is applicable for both the computer and the printer).
If so, you have just landed on a quicksand scene. But worry not, you can put into service this rectification and correcting procedure which will save you from future fixes of blank page printing. For any Brother Printer-related inquiries, you can get in touch with Brother Printer.
- Check if there is an error message displaying on the LCD screen of the brother printer.
- If Yes, you can check out the various solutions to the error codes HERE.
- If there isn’t any error message, you can move forward to the following step.
- Arrange for a troubleshoot to detect the underlying issue.
- On the Brother printer’s control panel menu, press on Menu and then on the 6 number, which will open the list for printing.
- Now click on the number 4, which says User Report, and take a printout of the Brother printer’s User Settings.
- Check for the results and refer to the following on how to proceed further.
- If the print pages unusual features like a distorted background or boundary or even horizontal/ vertical lines, it is probably an issue for lousy quality printing in your printer.
- Then you need not carry out troubleshooting if it prints the correct settings information.
- If you get a blank page, carry on with the next step.
- Check the Drum, Toner, and Ink Cartridge:
- Your MFC Brother printer must have a button on the top to open the cartridge access door. Press that.
- Now lift the door and remove the drum and cartridge.
Can you see an orange-colored tape attached to the drum and cartridge cluster? This is a protective sheath attached by the manufacturer while transporting these devices just if they get damaged. But this should be removed before installing it inside the printer. So, if the orange tape is still there, remove it.
- Now place back this cluster inside the printer again and pull down the cartridge access door.
- Now again, take out a User Settings printout as mentioned in the above step and then check for the results.
- If the report is satisfactory, you are good to go.
- Or else proceed to the next inspection.
Did your printer start printing blank pages after you had recently replaced any of the following- Ink/Toner cartridge or drum? Then perhaps the device has not detected the newly attached items because you might have also reset your printer after reinstalling these. So either you could try to reinstall your MFC Brother printer’s driver software or may have to replace these commodities again because the chances are that you might have been provided with faulty attachments.
If you haven’t replaced any of the products as mentioned earlier recently, then you could probably proceed with servicing your printer once.